Architectmade Wooden Owl Large
Designer: Hans Bolling
Availability if not in stock 1 to 2 weeks
Architectmade Wooden Owl Paul Anker. Traditionally, owls carry with them an air of wisdom and mysticism. Paul Anker’s interpretation from 1960 is no exception.
- The owl can embody a variety of emotions.
- The head is attached to the body by a magnet, which gives it flexibility to be tilted and rotated in all directions.
- The carefully crafted large brown eyes in wenge wood give a smooth touch and reflect a keen insight. Whether it is wonder, contemplation, or curiosity, the owl can be perceived to echo our own thought.
- The owl has been handcrafted by Paul Anker himself for years and is still made by hand at a small wood shop in Denmark in Danish oak wood.
- Paul Anker’s version of the magical, yet serene owl is rooted in his love for both animals and craftsmanship, making the owl a celebration of creativity and expression.
Oak wood with Teak wood eyes.
- Size Description
Hans B?lling was born in 1931 in a small town of Braband in Denmark, he attended an Art- and Handcraft School originally to become an advertising designer, however some years later he followed his passion for archi-tecture and graduated as an architect from the Royal Danish Art Academy. He designed a plethora of art works, ranging from dolls and furniture to villas, living complexes and town halls. The Duck came to life in the 1950s during the Bølling’s younger years, following the architect’s designs of flowers and weeds from the Botanical Garden. Here he decided to create small figures of ballerinas, trolls and musicians for his loved ones. Later, after winning an award he received a carpentry machine, which afforded him the opportunity to carve his beloved figures into wood. It is at this point during the Danish spring that the Duck, and later its offspring – the Duckling, were born.