Louis Poulsen VL Ring Crown Wall
New lamp by the Danish architect Wilhelm Lauritzen (1894–1984). In the VL Ring Crown pendant lamp, designed in the 1940’s, the rounded opal glass shade has been combined with a brass frame. The elegant lamp is available in four different sizes and also as a wall lamp.
During the 1940s when the Danish architect and designer VilhelmLauritzen felt a lamp was needed that was neither a spherical pendant nor a sought-after PH lamp, he laid the groundwork for the VL Ring Crown: a new lamp with a glass shade that was not only neat and glare-free, but also practical.
The VL Ring Crown is made of untreated, polished brass and comes with three, five or seven shades in glossy white, triple-layered, mouth-blown opal glass. It brings a distinct and authentic touch to stylish interiors worldwide as well as a warm light to softly illuminate contemporary living.
Can't find it! We can supply all products from Louis Poulsen, If you know what you are looking for and it is not yet featured, please send us a request
Finish: Glossy, mouth-blown white opal glass. Untreated, matt brass.
Material: Shades: Mouth-blown, 3-layered, opal glass. Will patinate over time
Wall lamp arm and wall-box: Untreated brass, will patinate
Wall lamp: Ingress protection IP20. Electric shock protection II w/o ground
Wall lamp: 1 shade: 1 x 40W E27. 2 shades: 2 x 40W E27
- Size Description
1 shade: Ø275.
2 shades: Ø305
Weight Wall lamps: 1 shade: 1,4 kg. 2 shades: 2,4 kg
Vilhelm Lauritzen (1894–1984) is one of the most significant architects in the history of Denmark; he was the trail-blazing figurehead of Danish functionalism. A number of his buildings – Nørrebro Theatre (1931–32), Daells Varehus department store (1928–35), Radiohuset (1936-41) and the first airport built in Kastrup (1937–39) – represented the concentrated essence of contemporary life. Other significant buildings to stem from Lauritzen’s drawing board include Folkets Hus (1953–56) better known today as the Vega concert venue, the Shellhuset (1950–51) building and the Danish embassy in Washington (1958–60). In particular the Radiohuset building and the earliest version of Kastrup Airport – both listed today – are considered peerless monuments to modernism in the European genre of construction.