In partnership with Louis Poulsen, celebrated Islandic Danish artist Olafur Eliasson has created a new, largescale pendant, named OE Quasi. Eliasson sheds a fascinating new light with the complex geometric shapes of the OE Quasi and reinforces his and Louis Poulsen’s shared idea that quality lighting is essential to our lives.
The complex geometric shape of the OE Quasi is perceived differently depending on where the observer stands, something that allows endless interpretations and perspectives. The OE Quasi will brighten any space with its larger-than-life shape and its smooth and glare-free light.
• 12 spherical positioned points of light illuminate the internal floating white icosahedron (geometrical shape) • The hollow inner body allows a view through its center, challenging the perception of a central point of light egress
• It reflects the light in a spherical light distribution • Geometrical shape of the shade is perfectly fitted inside the frame (20 vertices of shade matching the 20 faces of the frame’s shape)
• Inner parts of the frame are glowing while the outside strikes with its clear geometry
• Each light point consists of a point source LED (called COB) • Each LED has an optic and a light guide to ensure the light is directed precisely onto the inner body while shielding the luminance from the LEDs in other directions to reduce unwanted glare
• The frame acts as a heatsink ensuring perfect heat managements of the LEDs and perspectives.
Available in September
Can't find it! We can supply all products from Louis Poulsen, If you know what you are looking for and it is not yet featured, please send us a request
Material aluminium Colors black white
Finish: Clear lacquered, pickled aluminium. Matt white reflector.
integrated Led 2700 k or 3000K
Dali and blue tooth wireless
- Size Description
Diameter 900 mm
Weight 22 kg
4 Meter Cable