Alessi Dry Dessert Knife by Achille Castiglioni, The "Dry" dessert knife is part of one of the most popular flatwares from Alessi, is made of polished and satin stainless steel.
- Designed by Achille Castiglioni for Alessi in 1982, dry was the first cutlery produced by alessi and is their bestseller. for many years, dry was Alessi's only model of cutlery.
- Despite the grim prospects forwarded by those in the sector ("there's no way a manufacturer can offer the market just one single model, you will never get anywhere!"), it proved that its innovative shape and resolute style, along with extreme manageability and an excellent finish, were much more important to the public then many old market prejudices.
- Over the years, the dry model has opened up the road for various other cutlery sets.
- Available in satin or mirror finish. (satin has satin handles)
- Perfect for everyday or special occasions
Mirror polished with satin handle or mirror polished stainless steel
- Size Description
Length:19cm/ 7 1/2''
<p>Achille Castiglioni was born in Milan in 1918, he started work as an architect and designer with his brothers Livio and Pier Giacomo in 1938. One of the great masters of Italian design, he was a founding member of ADI in the fifties. The long list of awards he has received include eight Compassi d'Oro. His activity as a designer is an unmistakable blend of simplicity, irony and fun and its shows his close interest in the way objects are used, in the potential offered by technology and in the use of new materials. He died in 2002.</p>