&Tradition Hoof Lounge Table SW1
Designer: Samuel Wilkinson
Availability if not in stock approximate 3 to 4 weeks
&Tradition Hoof Lounge Table SW1.
- The main inspiration for Samuel Wilkinson’s HOOF LOUNGE TABLE derives from the feet which are shapened at the ends producing a striking yet functional detail.
- The word ‘hoof’ originates from the protective part of the feet of ungulate animals.
- In contrast to most tables, the leg ends of HOOF are left in natural wood so avoid the paint from chipping off from being either kicked or knocked when cleaning.
- The foot detail is created by reversing the usual manufacturing process.
- Most furniture that have a painted section and a natural part are initially assembled, then masked off, and painted. HOOF stands out by being painted first and then trimmed back to reveal the natural grain.
- The table has emerged from continuous exploration and development of production techniques to create a fresh aesthetic.
- Another detail that stands out when you experience the table is the soft rolled edge.
- The fine edge is created from the soft chamfer being on the top and bottom.
- This also gives the tables a tactile feel and clearly shows that the tables are made from solid wood. The table is also available in a lower edition with a bigger tabletop.
Made of solid oak, brushed surface.
- Size Description
Diameter 50 cm (19.7″)
Height 50 cm (19.7″)
Samuel Wilkinson graduated in furniture and related product design at Ravensboure College of Art & Design in 2002. While at Ravensbourne Wilkinson won several design awards, including the RSA award and D&AD New Blood. He went straight into employment working for leading consultancies such as Tangerine, Fitch:London, PearsonLloyd, and Conran. During these years he worked on various award winning projects for leading clients such as British Airways, Audi, LG, Samsung, and Virgin Airways.