&Tradition Catch Chair
Designer: Jaime Hayon
Availability if not in stock approximate 2 to 3 weeks
&Tradition Catch Chair by Jaime Hayon.
- The chair is made in one piece but differs from conventional injection moulded chairs with its arms reaching out, adding an extra dimension that invites you to sit down.
- The organic form language is inspired by the harmony of curves. Sinuous movements in nature, the push and pull of rounded forms and the interplay of light and shadows.
- Curves are both seductive and comforting, the natural embellishment and enhancement to linear forms.
- The key to the design was the creation of a flexible, comfortable shape that would adjust to various body types with its modern and inviting form. A combination of rich materials and various finishes allow for a wide range of options: from a basic naked shell to quality Kvadrat wool upholstery and a luxurious leather alternative.
- Available in various finishes and ergonomically designed with a high backrest, the chair is both functional and comfortable.
- Please contact us for fabric and materials.
Polyurethane foam, white oiled oak or stained black oak legs
- Size Description
Height 90 cm (35.4″)
Seating Height 45 cm (17.7″)
Armrest height 68 cm (26.8″)
Width 58 cm (22.8″)
Deep 68 cm (26.8″)
Spanish artist-designer Jaime Hayon was born in Madrid in 1974. As a teenager, he submerged himself in skateboard culture and graffiti art, the foundation of the detailed, bold-yet-whimsical imagery so imminent in his work today. After studying industrial design in Madrid and Paris he joined Fabrica in 1997, the Benetton-funded design and communication academy, working closely with the legendary image-maker and agitator Oliviero Toscani. In a short time he was promoted from student to head of their Design Department. Eight years later, Jaime broke out on his own, first with his collections of designer toys, ceramics and furniture, later followed by interior design and installations. Jaime Hayon has created the FAVN™ sofa for Fritz Hansen. It is designed with great attention to detail and consist of very few elements. Creating FAVN has been an experimental dialogue. Thinking in a holistic approach, discussing who we are and how we live. Back to the human approach, while being innovative and taking risks. "I wanted to create a form that embraces you, something really organic – that’s why we named it FAVN. At the same time I wanted to explore a technique – I always focus on techniques. It looks really simple, but it’s really complex.
You may also like
Regular price €260.00 Price €210.00