Normann Copenhagen Box Table, Industrial, simple, and versatile. Box is a small table with a lightweight feel. The steel material makes it strong and gives the table a durable expression. The industrial design of the table is accentuated by its simple, orthogonal construction and stylish framework. With Box, Danish designer Peter Johansen wanted to make a steel table with right angles as the bearing design principle for both the tabletop and legs.
- The designer has taken advantage of the fact that material is strengthened when a piece of metal is bent and created a solid table with a unique look.
- One of the fine details is the rounded edges that soften up the table's sharp lines. It is natural for Peter Johansen to use his hands for bringing ideas to life.
- His designs are typically created using 1:1 scaling.
- He then modifies and fine-tunes the proportions of the design. Peter Johansen says:
- ”I had a clear picture of the table in my head right from the beginning. So the design process was more about finding the exact proportions.
- Even though the Box Table is made of steel, it has a light feel.
- Just like when two pieces of paper are glued together. And it is precisely the interaction between the thin lines and the strong material that create a nice contrast”. Box is available in two sizes, three shades of blue, a cream, and a classic grey.
- The table useful for many purposes, for example, as a coffee table, side table, or bedside table. T
- he table has handles, which makes it easy to move around.