Menu Stick System 1 x 3
Wooden sticks and joints of steel are the components that transform the versatile Stick System into a shelving system, a clothing rack and a worktable; interior elements of strong constructions that are easily assembled and offer multifunctional solutions for residential use.
- The organic construction of Stick System is the creation of Czech designers Jan Plecháč and Henry Wielgus, who in recent years have earned recognition for their design philosophy. “We wanted to create a clever and aesthetically beautiful design solution for a modern generation: Stick System can be extended and adapted to fit different spaces.
- It enables multiple options, which makes it a pragmatic interior solution to today’s increasing needs, comments Jan Plecháč.
- Stick system is presented in various color combinations and wooden hues, and with maximum attention to detail, the combined wood and steel structure perfectly harmonizes with the chosen color palate for a clean, soft and light appearance we refer to as Soft Minimalism.
- As an add-on to the shelving system, light steel plates work as mobile shelves for placing books, plates, lamps and other objects.
- Jan and Henry are equally as grounded as their design, and when asked about the most important aspect to consider as a designer, their answer is unanimous: “Being as responsible as possible to the planet and to the people that inhabit it”.
Steel powder coated
- Size Description
Height: 95.7 cm>br> Length: 73.4 cm
Jan Plecháč and Henry Wielgus met during their studies at AAAD (The Academy of Art, Architecture and Design in Prague) where there first collaborations began. After Jan Plecháč exhibited his thesis work at Salone Sattellite 2011, he gained much attention from galleriests and well-known manufacturers. For his work he has been awarded the title of Discovery of the Year, during the Czech Grand Design Awards as well as the Elle Décor International Award. In 2012 Jan Plecháč and Henry Wielgus founded studio Jan Plechac&Henry Wielgus together, whose work transcends the barriers between art, architecture and design. Currently, studio Jan Plechac&Henry Wielgus is commissioned for international renown galleries and brands such as Rossana Orlandi Gallery, Luminaire, Cappellini or Gispen.