Kupu is a photoelectric smoke alarm designed by Finnish designer Harri Koskinen for Jalo Helsinki. Kupu will not only enhance the safety of your home, but you will also add a touch of design.
- Most of the smoke alarms in the market are difficult to install and not attractive.
- On the contrary Kupu is beautiful, stylish and easy to use. Installing it will take only a few seconds thanks to its 3M tape and there will be no need for screws or a power drill.
- The whole surface of the smoke alarm acts as a test button, so there are no tiny push buttons, but the whole external casing acts as a press switch for silencing false alarms and testing the performance.
- Kupu has been developed and manufactured according to the requirements and standards for smoke alarms.
- Kupu is lightweight and has a 5 year battery life time.
- Available in a number of colours, Kupu was awarded the Red Dot Design Award 2011.
- Size Description
Length 110 mm
Width 110 mm
Height 39 mm
Weight 165 g
Born in Karstula, Finland, in 1970. His furniture and versatile design objects have aroused great international interest. Harri Koskinen strives to find solutions that are innovative for both the consumer and producer. One example of this is his great success, Block Lamp. Apart from his collaboration with iittala, Harri Koskinen works with companies like Issey, Oluce, Miyake, Schmidinger Modul, and Montina. He was recently named Young Designer of the Year in Finland.