Kartell Comback Swivel Chair by Patricia Urquiola.
- Kartell once again has fun revisiting a great classic and giving a new look to the Windsor chair.
- A return to the glorious Anglo-Saxon past of England in the XVIIIth century for a “Comb Back” version with a matte frame featuring a backrest consisting of seven “teeth” which spread out towards the lumbar region where they meet a reinforced hexagonal rim with slim shafts radiating down to join the seat.
- A goodly size, this single mould chair embodies functionality and ergonomics well-freighted with sentiment and memories.
- The use of plastic and the pale shades available give a touch of lightness and the contemporary to the Comback chair.
- Only one left on Sale ( apart from this chair, it is only possible to buy them by two)
Body: Batch-dyed technopolymer thermoplastic.
Swivel leg: steel painted with epoxy polyester paint.
- Size Description
Seating height 48.5 cm (19.1")
Height 100 cm (39.4")
Wide 58 cm (22.8")
Deep 50 cm ( 19.7")
Patricia Urquiola was born in Oviedo, Spain, and currently lives and works in Milan. She studied at the faculty of Architecture at the Madrid Politecnico and at Politecnico di Milano, where she graduated in 1989. From 1990 to 1996 she served as assistant professor to Achille Castiglioni and Eugenio Bettinelli at the Politecnico di Milano. During this time she has also led the product development department at DePadova, where she designed together with Vico Magistretti. In 2001 she opened her studio of product design, display, and architecture. She has worked with leading manufacturers. Urquiola has received prizes including Designer of the Year, Elle Decor International Design Awards, Chicago Athenaeum Good Design Award, and the Design Prize Cologne. Award, and the Design Prize Cologne.