Normann Copenhagen Heima Candleholder
Designer: Francis Cayouette
Availability if not in stock 1 to 2 weeks.
Normann Copenhagen Heima Candleholder, According to Nordic mythology Heima means home or the world, but Heima is also the name behind the new candlestick from Normann Copenhagen.
- Heima, designed by Francis Cayouette, is a four-armed candlestick made of cast iron in a minimalist, Nordic design.
- Inspired by the Nordic culture for living flames and the cast iron arts and craft movement of the 1950s, the French-Canadian Francis Cayouette has interpreted the classic candlestick.
- The result is a candlestick featuring a recognisable design that pays tribute to industrial craftsmanship and Nordic traditions.
- The uneven, almost cold surface gives the Heima candlestick character, while the rounded shapes make the design modern.
- The Heima candlestick is made from cast iron and has been created for company and for cosy atmospheres.
- The minimalist candlestick is sculptured and fits beautifully into both modern and classic decors.
- 1 Left on Sale
- Size Description
Height: 20.4 cm, Depth: 13.8 cm, Length: 13.2 cm
Canadian, Francis Cayouette (1969) is educated in Montreal and Paris. He has been running his office Unit10 design, from Copenhagen since 1999. He works in collaboration with Scandinavian and international companies on product innovation and development for both large-scale and small serie productions. <p>His design is characterized by a strong empathy for daily life with a feel for the industrial and functional aspects of design. Francis has designed many different products from home accessories to clever storage units to elegant lifestyle products.</p> <p>« When starting a project I always focus on needs instead of the product, then it’s about finding the right balance between form language, practical function and feasibility in a clear and understandable product. I want the result to be surprising and innovative, but it should also be honest and feel very natural.</p>