Fritz Hansen Concert Pendant Lamp
Pendant Concert, During his work in creating Concert, Jørn Utzon sought to develop a pendant with a pure and organic idiom of design. His idea was to use several different shades, and to strengthen the design further with upward illumination from the lamp. The chosen shade configuration is visually characteristic of Jørn Utzon and reminds us of his greatest work.
- Concert is built up of four shades and a parabola of drawn steel, which is mounted on a glass suspension of triple-layer, hand-blown opal glass.
- The suspension unit sends out a pleasant, even light between the shades.
- At the same time, it illuminates the two upward shades and part of the cord.
- The bottom shade casts light downward to the parabola, which then diffuses it.
- The parabola not only softens the light, but prevents glare – regardless of the height of the lamp.
- Concert gives a pleasant, non-glaring light without compromising the strength of illumination.
- The pendant adds to ambient room lighting, thanks to the light sent out between the shades.
White or black lacquer, acid treated glass.
Small size E27 max 75 watt
Big size E27 max. 200 watt
Length cord 3 m
Only available in the 220V European model.
Dimmable Yes, via external dimmer
Light source included Not included
- Size Description
Width 32/55 cm. Height 16.6/32 cm. Cable length 300 / 600 cm.
Utzon was born in Copenhagen as the son of a naval engineer, and grew up in Denmark. In 1957 he won the competition for a new opera house in Sydney, Australia. In the following years, Utzon gradually developed a way to construct the large shells that cover the two halls.