Driade Sereno Coffee Table
Driade Sereno coffee table by Fredrikson Stallard, 2014, Fredrikson stallard’s work often exudes an energy like that of abstract expressionism, a forcing by the artists hand or a chaos within the materials and forms themselves, albeit an organized chaos.
- In Sereno they have used similar themes, methods and language to instead create a moment of calm and solitude.
- The forms themselves are created from shards of glass violently created by the artists, but they become unified in utter stillness by the inclusion of a simple flat sheet and the transformation of the group into polished stainless steel.
- This brings a reflection of the three unified elements in the surface, creating another of Fredrikson Stallard’s recurring themes, Rorschach like symmetrical forms.
- This even further delivers their nature from turmoil to serenity - they resolve themselves through the reorganization of symmetry.
- Can't find it! We can supply all products from Driade, If you know what you are looking for and it is not yet featured, please send us a request
Coffee table sculpture legs in polished cast aluminum or gold plated finished and MDF top with mirror polished stainless steel coating.
- Size Description
Patrik Fredrikson and Ian Stallard began their collaboration in 1995 and launched a joint practice in 2002. They have since become internationally recognised as leading exponents of British avant-garde design. Their cutting edge, conceptually rigorous work has been regularly discussed and praised in the design press and is sought after by discerning collectors. Their work has been acquired by the French National Art Collection and shown at the Victoria and Albert Museum and the Design Museum in London, and their Pandora chandelier hangs in the Museum of Art and Design in New York. Fredrikson Stallard are also winners of the prestigious Red Dot Design Award. They have worked with some of the leading names in contemporary design, including David Gill Galleries, Contrasts Gallery, Swarovski, Chanel, Veuve Clicquot, the London Design Festival, Tai Ping, Bernhardt Design and LIittala.