Alessi Octave Bread and Breadstick Basket*
Designer: Abi Alice
Availability if not in stock approximate 2 weeks
Alessi Octave Bread and Breadstick Basket by Abi Alice.
- Similar to the previous projects, this piece is produced simply by cutting, bending and welding specific areas of an 18/10 stainless steel sheet.
- The robustness of this object is entrusted to the welding process performed by hand .“
- "Octave” is available in two sizes: the smaller version is an elegant container suitable for serving bread or bread sticks , and the larger item is an elegant center piece.
- The polished finishing enhances the sophisticated simplicity of the object.
- This new project, like its predecessors, reflects the Australian designer’s interest in mathematics and geometry, combined with her search for possible connections between these disciplines and music.
- With “Octave” the designer explores the potential ability of the ellipse to create harmonic and proportionate forms. In music, an octave is the interval between one tone and another, defined by the ratio of 2:1.
- These new objects were created using this ratio, which corresponds to a musical octave: the inspiration behind the name of the project.
- Size Description
Length 41 cm (16.1")
Width 17.5 cm (6.9")
Height 4.5 cm (1.8″)
<p>Abi Alice is a Sydney-based artist and designer whose practice spans many disciplines. <span style="color:#000000;">Alice</span> initially studied silver-smithing, creating tableware and jewellery, and later undertook her Masters pursuing photography and painting. Mathematics, form, colour geometry, folding and abstraction are frequently explored in Alice?s work. Currently her practice is predominantly focused on photography, painting and product design. She approaches her design work from an artistic point of view. In many instances her geometric paintings become the foundation for her product design.</p>