Alessi Michael Graves Electric Water Kettle Blue (220 volts)
Alessi Michael Graves Electric Water Kettle Blue, The Alessi 9093 has sold more units than any other item in Alessi history and was joined by the MG32 Electric kettle in 2001. The original 9093 was designed to heat water faster than any other stove top kettle on the market the electric version is even faster.
- This was accomplished by giving the water kettle a broad base that fits on the stove top.
- The Graves kettle then narrows towards the top creating a very efficient kettle.
- Both the Michael Graves electric kettle and the original 9093 kettle are 18/10 stainless steel kettles.
- The Alessi bird kettle has a personality, with its simple geometry. The dots on the bottom are to signify heat as the kettle is placed on the stove top.
- The shape of the grooved handle was originally designed in blue to signify it is cool to touch this white version could be considered as ice. Michael Graves designed the whistling bird large enough to take off when it is cool if desired.
- Alessi electric kettle - Cordless electric kettle in stainless steel mirror polished with handle and base in PA, White, Please note: the electric kettle has an automatic shut off, when the water reaches a boil. Therefore the bird does not whistle.
Stainless steel and plastic.
- Size Description
Diameter 25.5 cm (10.0″)
Height 27.0 cm (10.6″)
220V standard European plug
Michael Graves was born in Indianapolis, he teaches architecture in Princeton since 1962. His architectural works include the Portland Building and the Humana Building, the extension of the Whitney Museum of American Art, and the Newark Museum. He created the best-selling 9093 kettle for Alessi