Juicy Salif Citrus-Squeezer, An Alessi classic. A well known design from Philippe Starck.
- Lemon or orange squeezer of aluminium casting and polyamide feet.
- Once the focus of heated debate and criticism for its supposedly impractical design, it now ranks with the historical greats at the MOMA in N. Y..
- Starck's juice squeezer has become one of the iconic objects of late twentieth-century design.
- Not only is it an eminently functional design, but also a moving and mysterious sculptural work.
- It is Starck's best known and perhaps his best selling design, put into production by Alessi in 1991.
- While originally intended to have a mirror like polished aluminum finish, later editions of the model were produced with a matte black finish or a 24-carat gold finish. Unfortunately no longer available.
Casted aluminium and polyamide feet.
- Size Description
Height 29 cm (11.3″)
Diameter 14 cm (5.5″)
Philippe Starck was born in Paris in 1949, he is one of the most original and creative designers of our time. He has obtained many important acknowledgements such as the Grand Prix National de la Creation industrielle and the Honor Award of the American Institute of Architects, he considers himself as "a Japanese architect, an American art director, a German industrial designer, a French artistic director, an Italian furniture designer".