Alessi Fior D'Olio Olive Oil Taster
Alessi Fior D'Olio Olive Oil Taster by Marta Sansoni. A sophisticated object for the oil tasting. Commissioned by Alessi to research the use and tasting of olive oil, Marta Sansoni has designed this sophisticated little object consisting of a green glass container with a pouring spout. The latter is made of 18/10 stainless steel with a polished finish and completed with a special polypropylene seal.
- The container is for oil tasting and the pourer can be used on a bottle of oil.
- Once the bottle is empty, the cap can be put back on the container until it is to be used once again.
- The glass container, designed to aid in the oil-tasting process, is coloured to prevent the oil’s appearance from influencing how it is assessed.
- The colour green was chosen to suggest first press oil. Its shape tapers as it moves towards the mouth of the glass so that the aroma of the oil wafts towards the taster’s nose.
- Poetic and refined, “Fior d’olio” is reminiscent of the stem of a freshly picked olive; a hole found inside the leaf allows air to pass through and this allows the oil to pour out.
- The item is easy to clean since it can be washed in the dishwasher. “Fior d’olio” is part of the “Objets-Bijoux” collection produced by Alessi.
Stainless steel and thermoplastic resin.
- Size Description
Length 6 cm (2.4″)
Width 5 cm (2″)
Height 8.5 cm (3.3″)
Marta Sansoni was born in Florence in 1963, architect and designer. In her Florence studio she creates designs for private homes, commercial spaces, outlets and interior fittings. Several of her works have been mentioned by "The international design yearbook 1999" and by "Designing the 21st century".